Friday, March 18, 2011

Fri 3/11/11

Subject: Its that Tone of voice that you are using.

So this is a really good story that happened to my comp and I and i wanted to share it with you all. Here it is. So Elder Aker and I received a referral and so we went to go and find the person. Her name was Tanya. When we knocked on her door she just let us right in. talk. She had a really good friend that was a member and had talked to about it all the time. So she knew a lot about the church already. We asked her to come to church and she did. The next time we went over we had a great lesson on the Plan. She was feeling the spirit so strong. Then elder Aker asked her to be baptised. She said yes as she started to tear up. I then asked her to be baptised on the 26th of March. Again she said that she would. I then asked her what she was feeling and she said it is that tone of voice that you are using. I told her that It is the spirit and that it was not me. It was a very powerful moment. We then asked her to come to a baptism that was taking place the next day. She came and said again that the people that were speaking were using that same tone of voice. I think now she knows that it is the spirit. She is doing great and getting ready for her baptism. I'm greatful for moments like that. It is things like that that make a mission. I love my mission and will be sad to go. I know that the things that i have done here have helped someone in their life in some way or another. I thank God for this chance to be here in the greatest mission on earth. I know this to be true. I the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen. thanks for all that you do. I love you all and miss you tons.
Love Elder Thomas Scoble

No comments:

Post a Comment